Nothing freshens up your appearance and increases your confidence like a whiter, brighter smile. Tooth whitening lightens discoloration caused by aging or consumption of staining substances such as coffee, tea, colas, tobacco, red wine, etc. During tooth formation, consumption of tetracycline, certain antibiotics or excessive fluoride may also cause tooth discoloration.
We offer several options for whitening your teeth:
- Power Whitening (such as ZOOM!) is a fast, safe and very effective in-office tooth whitening process. You may have seen the Zoom! process used on the popular television show Extreme Makeover. The complete Zoom! procedure takes about two hours and gives an incredible average improvement of up to eight shades!
- Home Whiteningis an at-home tooth whitening system. Thin, custom-fitted bleaching trays fit comfortably over your teeth and hold the Nite White bleaching gel against them for an hour a day. In only 7 to 10 days, you can achieve significant whitening results!
- Whitening Strips and PensThese whitening strips and pens are good for teeth with minimal staining. The products that we offer are more concentrated in bleach content and are more effective and economical than the ones distributed to general stores.
A Natural looking restoration
When a tooth has a cavity or you need to replace a worn filling, a natural-looking white restoration can be a beautiful choice.
White fillings have several advantages over silver fillings.
- They are bonded to your tooth, making it stronger than if we used a silver filling.
- We do not have to remove as much tooth structure as with a silver filling.
- The bonding agent can insulate your tooth from extremes of hot and cold.
- Some white restorations can be done in just one visit.
After we remove the decay, we build layers of the resin directly onto your tooth. We use a special light to bond the resin to the tooth for strength.
A larger cavity may need an indirect restoration. We remove the decay or the old, worn restoration. The new restoration will be created in the lab to precisely fit your tooth.
Once crafted, we bond the restoration to your tooth for strength. It takes two or more visits to get this kind of restoration.
White fillings can be a great choice to give you healthy teeth and a beautiful, natural-looking smile.
Repairs minor imperfections
If you have a slight imperfection in your teeth, bonding can be a simple way to improve your smile.
Bonding can repair teeth that -
- are stained
- are chipped
- are crooked
- have minor gaps
And in some cases, bonding can repair a cavity with a natural-looking, tooth-colored restoration.
Advantages of bonding
Bonding can be a quick procedure, often done in just an hour or two. Many bonding procedures can be performed without anesthesia. It can be less expensive than a crown or veneer.
To prepare a tooth for bonding, we clean off any plaque and tartar.
We choose a shade that matches your natural tooth color.
The tooth needs to be dry, so we may use a rubber dam to isolate it.
To begin, we use a mild etching solution to condition the tooth surface. This helps the bonding agent adhere to your tooth.
We then apply the bonding material and harden it with a special curing light.
We add another layer of resin, and again, harden it with the curing light. We may do this several times until we reach the proper thickness.
Once all layers have been placed, we sculpt them to the desired shape.
We check your bite to make sure your tooth functions properly.
Finally, we polish your tooth to a smooth and beautiful finish. With proper care, the bonding material should last between 3 and 10 years.
Bonding can be a good way to repair minor problems and give you a beautiful smile.
Veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are bonded to the front of your teeth. They can be a great choice to improve teeth that are stained, crooked, worn or have gaps.
Veneers can give you straighter, whiter, and more even-looking teeth. The porcelain has a translucent quality that resembles your natural teeth.
Placing veneers usually takes two or more appointments. First, we check the health of your gums and teeth.
Many people do not need anesthesia for this procedure, but if you do, we will begin when we are sure the area is numb.
If necessary, we remove a minimal amount of tooth structure that is equal to the thickness of the veneer.
Next, we take an impression of your teeth. The impression is used by the lab to create your custom veneers.
In some cases, we might place temporary veneers on your teeth while your veneers are being made.
On your next visit, we remove the temporaries and place the permanent veneers, checking for color and fit. Once everything looks good, we bond them into place.
Veneers are a great way to transform your smile in just a couple of visits. Taking good care of your veneers will give you a beautiful smile for many years.
All Porcelain Crowns
To restore a damaged smile, all-porcelain crowns can be a beautiful choice.
All-porcelain crowns have the translucency and color of your natural teeth. This makes them an excellent choice when esthetics are of great importance.
Benefits of crowns
- restore teeth that are chipped.
- protect weak teeth.
- cover a large filling.
- cover a dental implant.
- cover teeth that are severely misshapen or discolored.
Metal unnatural looking
Some crowns are lined with metal, called a porcelain-fused-to-metal crown. This can create a dark line at the gum, making the teeth look unnatural.
All-porcelain crowns do not contain a metal lining, so you will have a natural-looking smile for years to come.
If an all-porcelain crown is right for you, we will work with you to get the perfect fit for a beautiful smile.